Deputy General Manager
Overview of Position:
Overall responsibility for customer management and the day-to-day operation of the hotel; ensuring exceptional and consistent standards of service are maintained. The Deputy General Manager will contribute to the profitability of the hotel through the monitoring of revenue and budgets, management of the team, and maintaining effective cost controls and will create an environment where the team are motivated and encouraged to maximise sales.
Hotel General Manager
Tasks / Accountabilities:
- Work with the General Manager and Senior Management Team of the hotel to implement all strategies, policies and plans and contribute to the development of these plans.
- To control and monitor hotel operations through a team of managers to deliver exceptional standards to our customers.
- Ensuring that the required staffing levels of the hotel are always met and to maintain operating standards.
- Chair the weekly Heads of Department meeting every Thursday afternoon, which detail the following week’s business, highlighting any important items.
- Work closely with General Manager, Financial Controller & departmental managers to control operating expenditure in all areas in line with budgetary expectations, and identify ways to improve on the reduction and management of costs.
- Oversee the preparation of weekly departmental rosters to ensure that payroll & labour costs in line with budgetary % and business requirements.
- To pre-empt and respond to any emergency situation that may arise in the hotel and provide relevant support for hotel management team, owners, and guests in order to minimise disruption to hotel operations and ensure business continuity in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure that controls in the area of float and cash management are implemented and maintained.
- Work closely with General Manager to document how sales will be achieved, and optimise all revenue opportunities for the hotel.
- To support develop and mentor department heads
- Ensure that continuous operational and customer service training is carried out based on standards agreed to maintain high quality 4 star service.
- Ensure that the hotel management team are maintaining a welcoming and appropriate ambience and atmosphere at all times (lighting, music, heating, fires, candles, cleanliness etc.)
- Be responsible for the cleanliness , maintenance and presentation of the all areas of the hotel working with departmental managers to devise effective cleaning schedules and maintaining records, comprehensive reporting of maintenance & scheduled, planned agreed follow up.
- Liaise with HR in respect of the pro-active planning, recruitment and selection of operative & supervisory employees throughout the hotel.
- Working with HR manager and departmental managers develop a schedule of training to meet statutory legal and health & safety requirements
- Carry out all Health & Safety, HACCP and any other requirements that need to be adhered to.