CityNorth Hotel Covid-19 Health and Safety Protocols
Based on guidelines from the HSE and the World Health Organisation we have taken specific steps to ensure the safety and welfare of our guests, employees and suppliers. We have appointed a Covid-19 Health and Safety team, and specially trained managers will be on duty at all times should you have any concerns.
Please read below to find out what steps we are taking, and if you have any questions relating to your forthcoming stay at Citynorth Hotel that you would like answered, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We wish to thank you for your custom during this difficult time, and we are really looking forward to meeting you all in person soon.
What measures have been implemented to protect your staff and guests?
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are proactively implementing additional hygiene procedures and precautions to ensure that the highest possible standards are upheld throughout every area and service which the hotel provides, for its guests as well as our own team. We are committed to playing our part in trying to prevent Covid-19 from escalating. We ask that our guests do the same and follow healthcare and government guidelines regarding personal hygiene, respiratory etiquette and Covid-19.
While the situation is still evolving rapidly, we know it is important to be prepared to deal with any escalation in the spread of the virus and have the following actions in place:
• Sufficient supply of hand sanitisers, gloves, masks, paper towels and disinfectant materials
• We have appointed Covid-19 leaders who are working with health and safety specialists to update our standard operating procedures in line with public health advice relating to Covid-19
• All employees returning to work have completed Covid-19 induction training
• We have set up an internal forum for staff communication in relation to procedures and training to mitigate the risks from Covid-19
• Posters in public bathrooms to inform of good hand hygiene, respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette
• Additional tissues available in public areas
• Additional cleaning of public areas and frequently touched surfaces (door handles / reception desk / elevator buttons) – using products which are effective in killing the virus
• Property linen washed on a higher temperature
• We have identified all common touch points and have implemented a thorough sanitisation of these points
• We have purchased fogging machines which will be deployed to sanitise each room after guests depart.
• We have placed a welcome podium at the main entrance of the hotel. When arriving for food, meetings or events,please check in and give contact details of at least one member of your party for the purposes of contact tracing.
• We have implemented full procedures for sanitising guestrooms including all touch points e.g. remote controls, handles, light switches
• We ask that our customers follow the health authority and government guidelines regarding personal hygiene and Covid-19
• We’ve re-organised our restaurant and reception areas to give more space between people
• Contactless cards are preferred at payment points
• Contactless cards are preferred at payment points
Are you accepting new bookings?
We are now open for all bookings. We have taken every measure possible to protect our staff and guests, and we ask that guests take personal responsibility for their own safety while on the premises by maintaining social distancing and following correct sneeze and cough etiquette.
For casual walk in guests, we ask that you check in on arrival and give details of at least one member of your party. Guests should not remain seated in the lobby area for more than 90 minutes and are required to order food during this time. If you are having a casual meeting, we ask that you reserve a table in the Tara Lounge for food if you wish to remain onsite. Alternatively, you can request a meeting room which are readily available and set up for safe social distancing.
I have an upcoming reservation with you, what should I do?
We advise that you call ahead if you have any special requests, or if any members in your party have any underlying health conditions that might require special attention. If any member of your party has recently shown symptoms of Corona Virus or a high temperature, we ask that they do not travel.
If you have an existing reservation and need assistance in rescheduling or cancelling your reservation, please send us an e-mail to email@example.com or telephone with your request and we will contact you as soon as possible. We recommend that guests who have booked through an online platform, travel agencies or other third-party providers contact their booking provider for further assistance.
What are you doing if a guest or staff member become unwell?
If employees or an immediate family member does not feel well, the order is to stay at home and clarify any medical condition before returning to work. If an employee presents with Covid-19 related symptoms while in the workplace they will be brought by a Covid-19 leader to the isolation area and the authorities notified.
Should a guest present with any symptoms of or feel unwell during their stay, we kindly ask them to stay in their room and contact local health authorities, who will provide further instructions and assist with medical needs. We ask any guest who is feeling unwell to telephone Front Desk and inform them.
Symptoms to look out for include:
Common symptoms of coronavirus include:
• • a fever (high temperature - 38 degrees Celsius or above).
• • a cough - this can be any kind of cough, not just dry.
• • shortness of breath or breathing difficulties.
For the complete list of symptoms, please refer to the HSE Website.
Consider the following advice on how to protect yourself from COVID-19 infection.
Wash hands properly and regularly:
Before and after eating or drinking
After going to the toilet, nose blowing, sneezing or coughing
After cleaning procedures, handling waste and waste bins
After handling contaminated (dirty) items
Whenever hands become visibly dirty
If in contact with a sick person, especially those with respiratory symptoms
Cover mouth when coughing and sneezing:
Cover nose and mouth with disposable tissues – if you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your arm or sleeve (not hand)
Place used tissues into a sealed bin – wash your hands
Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
How are you ensuring social distancing
• We have fitted Perspex screens at reception and our carvery areas. New signage clearly guides our customers through the hotel with clear instruction to maintain safe distances.
• We have moved tables away from each other to ensure safe distancing, and we have added more outdoor seating to avail of our great outside spaces.
• A new entrance and exit policy ensure best practice in queue formation.
• We have options for linen changes. We can leave fresh linen at your door for self-service if you would rather that housekeeping don't enter your room. For longer stays you can opt to have your linen changed by housekeeping every three days.
What measures have you taken to serve food safely?
• Food is served in our Tara Lounge offering table service only. Staff wash their hands after serving each table, sanitise tables after each service, and wear facemasks for extra protection. Cleaning products have been specially selected to ensure maximum sanitisation.
• We ask that groups of 8 or more call ahead so we can allocate the correct space in advance
• The Tara Lounge has access to additional space in our Mornington Restaurant and Delvin Suite, so overcrowding can always be avoided.
• We have added plenty of outdoor seating with table service.
• Pre-booking your table on check in is advised to prevent queues forming.
• Our menus have been adapted to be served quickly and with minimum human contact.
• You can scan a QR code at your table to download a menu to your device, or alternatively we can offer a menu that is laminated and sanitised after each use.
• We recommend that you book a table for your breakfast, but if you would rather not have breakfast in a public area, you can order a takeaway breakfast or have your takeaway breakfast left at your bedroom door.
These measures are updated as new guidelines are announced, and we are happy to discuss any suggestions from our guests to improve your experience and stay at CityNorth Hotel.